We offer the best and most well organised Walking & Cycling tours and outdoor experiences you will find in Portugal! We take care of everything, from the moment of the arrival until the departure.
Indulge your passions with our Special Interest guided tours. We plan for groups of like-minded people who share an interest! Food&wines, birdwatching, photography, trains...
Perfectly thought through and organised Self-guided tours. There is no time consuming search for places to stay, maps or tour descriptions. We provide everything you need!
Our Sightseeing Tours and City Breaks offer cherry picked landscapes, monuments and experiences, to make the most of your time!
You’ll have the time of your life with your kids in this Family Holidays. A mixed set of fun activities, but also time to relax and explore the local region!.
We'd love to plan, design and deliver a tour specially crafted for your needs and aspirations.
The safety and wellbeing of our clients, tour leaders and suppliers will remain our priority and our operations will be carried in a safe and responsible way.
We will review all aspects of the holiday to check accommodation, transport and other situations against our Covid-19 Safety Guidelines and seek to verify that they comply with the health & safety requirements.
We’ve developed new health & safety guidelines so we can be confident your wellbeing is being considered throughout your holiday with us.
We are continuously monitoring the Portuguese Government’s health guidelines and industry advice as well as information from our destinations on how they’re keeping travellers safe and able to enjoy their holiday.
We’ve assessed the group sizes our hotels, transport companies and other services providers can cope with in order to maintain safe distancing between guests, and carry out the enhanced new cleaning measures to minimise risks.
You’ll be looked after by our own trained tour leaders.
Legendary Adventure complies with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control of Covid-19 as recommended by the DGS - Directorate-General for Health.
The Clean & Safe stamp certification recognises that we have confirmed that we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Our protocols are guided by the Portuguese Government regulations, WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), and the European Commission and include personal protection, extensive disinfecting, and physical distancing measures.
Our Protocols include:
All Employees will receive information and/or specific training on:
- Internal rules relating to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- How to take basic precautions to prevent and control infection relating to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the following procedures:
- Hand disinfection: wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand disinfectant containing at least 70º alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until dry.
- Breath etiquette: cough or sneeze into your bent forearm or use a tissue, which must then be binned immediately; always disinfect your hands every time you cough or sneeze and after blowing your nose; avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- Social behaviour: change the frequency and form of contact between employees and between employees and customers, avoiding (where possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared workstations, physical meetings and shared meals, utensils, cups and towels.
- How to self-check daily for fever (take body temperature twice a day and record the reading and time of check), check for coughing or difficulty in breathing.
- How to comply with Ministry of Health guidelines for cleaning surfaces and dealing with clothing at work premises.
The following information is available to all customers:
- How to take basic precautions to prevent and control infection relating to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
- Maintenance of social distancing between those involved in business activities, in accordance with Directorate General for Health recommendations.
- Observance of the maximum permitted occupation of means of transport used in business, in accordance with Directorate General for Health recommendations.
- The distribution of information relating to business, preferentially in digital/online form.
- Compliance with internal health and safety rules by partners involved in business activities.
- That there is always a responsible employee on duty to activate the procedures in the event of suspected infection (taking the person with symptoms to the isolation area, providing him/her with the necessary assistance and contacting the National Health Service).
- Storage of any waste produced by patients suspected of being infected, in plastic bags which, once sealed (e.g. with a clamp), must be separated and sent to an operator licensed to deal with biological-risk hospital waste.
- Sufficient sets of individual protective equipment for employees involved in business activities.
- Individual protective equipment available to customers (maximum group capacity).
- High temperature washing of cloakrooms and other accessories provided (e.g. towels), used in business activities by employees and customers (around 60º C).
- Provision of alcohol-based hand disinfectant dispensers, wherever necessary, for persons participating in business activities.
- Cleaning or disinfection of equipment used after every activity, in accordance with the rules that apply to each type of equipment.
- Cleaning or disinfection of means of transport used, after every activity, in accordance with the rules that apply to each type of transport.
Portugal has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that the country has adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols – so you can experience ‘Safe Travels’.
Book with Confidence! Travel Safe with Legendary Adventure.
The clients should bring their own face masks and alcohol based hand sanitizer.
In Portugal is required to wear a face covering:
- in public spaces within hotels (including bars/lounges)
- in cafes and restaurants (face coverings can be removed only when customers are seated)
- in public transports
Everywhere in Portugal is mandatory that companies supply their clients with hand disinfection liquid.
We are frequently reviewing our itineraries in line with the ever changing nature of local rules and protocols relating to COVID-19 and amending them in line with local requirements.
We will only operate holidays where we have received assurances from all transport and accommodation suppliers that they have implemented the new hygiene and sanitation standards to minimise any risk of the transmission of the virus through both enhanced cleaning and new physical distancing measures.
Our leaders will make judgement calls during our holidays to modify the itinerary if appropriate physical distancing cannot be achieved.
We offer the best and most well organised Walking & Cycling tours and outdoor experiences in Portugal.
We design Guided holidays to address the needs of like-minded people who share a Special Interest.
Our self-guided walking tours are complete and most of all perfectly thought through and organised.
Our professional local guides will give a fresh spin on the tours for more cool culture and great sights.
Work with us to create a tour of Portugal to fit your clients.
All our products are designed, implemented and run by our team.
The first thing is to get in touch and let us know what you are thinking of. You need ideas? Consult our list of Walking & Cycling Tours, Special Interest Tours, Self-Guided Tours and Sightseeing & City Breaks. We customise all the itineraries and services to your needs.
Let us know what you'd like, and we'll prepare a product for you. Less hassle, and better rates for your clients due to the great rates we enjoy with attractions and accommodations across Portugal.
We are experts in Walking and Cultural Tours in Portugal, so if you'd like us to suggest and plan for your clients please just ask. Everything from sightseeing tours to special interest tours, we can use our expertise to create the perfect itinerary.
We'll make sure your clients enjoy the perfect tour & a truly seamless experience whilst in Portugal. We are more than happy to create tours branded with your name, especially for your discerning clientele.